This recipe was featured in the video above, “Low Calorie, High Protein Vegan Recipes”. Watch the video and scroll down below for the written recipe.
This bean spread is gluten-free, ridiculously easy and can be a great way to add a little healthy protein to your snacks and meals. White Cannellini beans have a very creamy consistency especially when blended so it makes a great spread or dip. What I love about this type of recipe is that you can make it your own so easily. I tried it out with a few simple ingredients at first and then just added a little more as I tasted.
I highly recommend adding some basic spices and ingredients first and giving it a taste. See how you like it and add whatever other types of spices and herbs you like!
Use it as a dip, a sandwich filling or spread it on a cracker. Enjoy!
White Bean Spread (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- 1 can white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic (or use garlic powder if you don’t want a strong garlic flavour)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp olive oil (optional, if you like olive oil flavour)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients into a food processor a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spread onto a cracker as a healthy snack, use it as a vegetable dip or in a sandwich. Options are endless!