This vegan egg salad was featured in my “What I Ate in a Day” video so if you want a video version of the recipe, it is here:
If you guys know anything about me, you must know that I am obsessed with tofu! Tofu is one of the greatest human inventions of all time – yes, I said it. Not only are there many different kinds of tofu, but there are also countless ways of preparing and cooking tofu. If you think you don’t love tofu, there’s probably a method of preparing tofu that you will love but you haven’t tried yet (unless you’re allergic to soy, of course).
I have a full video dedicated to explaining what I know about tofu, even though I’m hardly an expert.
Check it out here:
So as you can see, I am pretty obsessed with tofu which is why I’m super excited to share this recipe with you guys. I’ve made vegan egg salad before – it’s actually featured in my Cheap Lazy Vegan Recipe ebook. I love different ways of making vegan egg salad and in this particular recipe, we are using SILKEN tofu, which is a much softer kind of tofu.
I was skeptical about using silken tofu at first because I was afraid it would be too soft, but when handled with care, this really gives a beautiful consistency and makes such a delicious vegan egg salad.
Vegan Egg Salad with Silken Tofu Recipe
Ingredients (2-3 servings):
- 1 block silken tofu (firm)
- 1/2 stalk fresh celery, diced
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Cut silken tofu into little cubes and place onto a paper towel to soak up the excess water.
- Dice celery and add into a big bowl.
- Add mayo, dijon mustard, garlic powder, turmeric and salt and mix everything well together.
- Add in the tofu and mix well.
- Add some pepper to taste and serve in a sandwich, wrap or however you prefer.
Check out my Cheap Lazy Vegan Recipes ebook, full of 60 recipes that are easy, delicious and simple!