This is the easiest Vegan Nut Roast recipe that you can make under 1 hour using simple vegan ingredients!
This recipe will replace ANY meat dish on your holiday dinner table! Impress your non-vegan and vegan friends alike with this super simple and easy vegan Nut Roast (gluten-free option also included below)!
One of my favourite things to make during the holiday season is a classic vegan nut roast or nut loaf. I’ve made quite a few of these ever since I found out about them when I was living in London from 2014-2016.
A vegan nut roast recipe can be quite intimidating at times because there are multiple steps so I tried to simplify this for you to the best of my ability. I hope I did it justice!
Today, I’ll be sharing a very simple nut loaf or nut roast recipe that I make for Christmas every year!
VEGAN NUT ROAST RECIPE
Nut Roast (Vegan) Ingredients:
- Nuts & seeds of choice
- Oil for cooking
- Miso paste
- Oat flour
- Bread crumbs (if GF, use Gluten-Free bread crumbs)
- Ground flax seeds
- Garlic powder
- Smoked or regular paprika
- Salt & pepper
Glaze Ingredients (optional):
- Apple cider vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- Maple syrup
Gravy Recipe (optional): Follow this recipe here!
Vegan Nut Roast (Gluten-Free option)
- Food Processor
- Loaf Pan or Baking sheet
- 2 cups nuts & seeds of choice
- 1 tsp oil for cooking
- 1 onion diced
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 carrot medium, grated
- 1 cup mushrooms dices
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs use gluten free bread crumbs if you want gluten-free nut roast
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Nut Roast Glaze (optional)
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, grind nuts and seeds until ground up into crumbles. Feel free to use the food processor to dice and grate other ingredients as well.
- Heat oil on non-stick pan on medium high heat and cook onion and garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add in carrots and mushrooms and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Mix in miso paste into the vegetables. Turn heat off.
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Grease a loaf pan and add the mixture into the loaf pan. If you don’t have a loaf pan, simply line a baking sheet and shape your mixture into a loaf.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and roast at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a glaze or gravy (your choice). If making the glaze, add glaze ingredients into a small bowl and mix well. IF making a gravy, feel free to follow this recipe here.
- After 40 minutes, take the nut roast out, remove the foil and spread half the glaze on top.
- Add back into the oven and roast for another 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Take out of the oven and spread the rest of the glaze on top. Let it cool for at least 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving.
- If serving with gravy, top each slice with some gravy when ready to serve. Enjoy!