As a Youtuber who basically makes food for a living, my kitchen is usually full of leftovers and an assortment of ingredients. I decided to clean out my fridge and pantry and come up with some simple meal prep using only what I already had.
I did not do any additional grocery shopping for this video – I simply used the ingredients that I already had in my kitchen! I highly suggest you try the same if you are ever feeling like your kitchen is too overstocked and too full. It’s a great way to also be creative and come up with some dishes that you otherwise may not have thought of.
Watch the video above to see what I made and scroll down to see the written recipes below!
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Ingredients (5-6 servings):
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 potatoes, peeled
- 3 carrots
- 1/4 medium-sized onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked beans
- 2 cup red split lentils
- 5-6 cups water
- 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon or vegetable stock powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 cup soy milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- First, steam one potato and cauliflower for around 20-25 minutes until soft. Chop up the cauliflower and potato into a few smaller pieces to help it cook faster.
- Meanwhile, dice the onions and chop the carrots and the other potato into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large pot on medium heat, heat a little oil and saute the garlic and onion for a couple minutes. You can also add a splash of water if the garlic starts sticking to the pan.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and beans. Stir it around.
- Now add the lentils with the water and bring it to a boil. You can also throw in all the seasoning at this point. Once the soup is boiling, bring it down to a simmer and cover for about 15 minutes or until lentils have cooked.
- Check if the cauliflower and potato is ready by poking them with a fork. If it’s done, they should be very soft and the fork should go in very easily.
- Blend the cauliflower and potato with soy milk in a food processor or blender before adding to the soup.
- Mix well and add more water if needed. Heat and serve.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
Bean & Mushroom Veggie Stir-Fry
Ingredients (4-5 servings):
- 1 tsp oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1-2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups beans
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or other sweetener (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large wok on medium-high heat, heat up the oil and saute the garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add the vegetables and beans into the wok. Let everything cook for several minutes while stirring.
- Meanwhile, mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the peanut sauce mixture into the wok and mix it well into the stir fry. I also added around half a cup of water before covering it up and let it cook for a little bit.
- Serve with rice!
Veggie Ground & Scrambled Tofu
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small block of tofu (I used soft but you can use medium or firm)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 package of Yves Mexican Veggie Ground Round
- Heat up some oil in a large pan. Add the chickpeas, minced garlic, and soft tofu. Let most of the water evaporate from the tofu.
- Add in cup of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Keep mixing everything together until most of the water from the tofu has evaporated.
- Add in Yves Mexican Veggie Ground Round. Mix well.
- Serve alone or with rice!