This is the best vegan couscous salad! This recipe is tasty and involves no cooking! Super simple and easy to make in 5 mins!
This couscous salad recipe is perfect to pack for lunch or if you’re looking for a lazy meal to make in 5 mins with no cooking. All you need is couscous, microwave or kettle to make boiling water, seasoning, and veggies!
Recipe for Vegan Couscous Salad
Have you ever had a pre-made couscous salad from the store? I was obsessed with the veggie couscous salad you buy in a container in the store and now I just make it at home!
This couscous salad is meant for those lazy days but you can definitely make this for any day because it is truly delicious. If you’re feeling less lazy, I recommend roasting some vegetables yourself and adding them into this salad for a more veggie-filled salad.
Couscous is one of the most versatile and easily takes on any flavours you want to add.
The best part about couscous?
You can simply soak it in hot water and let it sit for 5 minutes until it cooks!
I love using couscous for quick and easy recipes because it’s seriously so quick and easy. It also works amazingly in a salad as I’ll show you today!
Ingredients for Couscous Salad (Vegan)
- Dry couscous
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Vegetables of choice
I used artichoke hearts, roasted bell peppers from a jar, chickpeas & green onions.
Couscous Salad Dressing
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Maple syrup
How To Make Vegan Couscous Salad
Start by boiling water in microwave or kettle. Then in a bowl, add your couscous, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning together. Mix and pour boiling water over it before covering and letting it sit for 5 minutes.
While the couscous is absorbing the boiling water, cut up the vegetables you want to add to your couscous salad. I cut up some artichoke hearts and roasted red bell peppers into smaller pieces. Set your veggies aside in a bowl.
Make a couscous salad dressing by mixing together red wine vinegar, olive oil, and maple syrup in another small bowl.
After 5 mins, add your cooked couscous and dressing into the bowl with your veggies. I also added some chickpeas for extra protein (rinsed and drained). Mix your couscous salad well. Add any salt and pepper to taste.
I topped my salad with green onions and pumpkin seeds but you can eat as is or top it with whatever you want!
Vegan Couscous Salad
- 2 Bowls
- 1/3 cup Couscous dry
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Vegetables of choice I used 2 artichoke hearts, cut into smaller pieces, 1-2 roasted bell peppers from a jar, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chickpeas optional, rinsed and drained
- 1 green onion optional topping
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds optional topping
- Add dry couscous, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning into a bowl. Pour hot water over it before covering and letting it sit for 5 minutes.
- While the couscous is cooking, cut up your vegetables. I recommend cutting artichoke hearts and roasted red bell peppers into smaller pieces. Set veggies aside in a bowl.
- Make the couscous salad dressing by mixing together red wine vinegar, olive oil, and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Add the cooked couscous, chickpeas and dressing into the bowl with the artichokes and bell peppers. Mix well. Add any salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with green onion and pumpkin seeds and enjoy!
NEED MORE VEGAN RECIPE INSPO? CHECK THESE OUT: