My usual ‘What I Ate in a Day’ videos consist of my usual sort of meals that I would go for (sometimes I add a few new recipes in there). Like other humans, I tend to stick to similar meals although I do like a variety of different foods.
I decided to switch things up a little bit this time around and try out a specific cuisine for a ‘what I ate in a day’ series.
For the first cuisine specific “What I Ate in a Day” video, I went for Mexican food. I love the fact that Mexican food uses lots of different fresh vegetables and colourful ingredients and I’m also an avid fan of cilantro which Mexican food has a LOT of. So I happily went on the quest to eat only Mexican food for a whole day.
Check out the video below to see what I ate all day~
Watch the video above – thanks to Loma Linda for sponsoring the video.
Of course, I’m not Mexican or am I an expert in Mexican cuisine but all I can say is that I ate a lot of yummy food! I started the day off with eating some breakfast tacos filled with some scrambled tofu and other goodness, including a homemade salsa which I have the recipe for below.
For lunch, I made myself a DELICIOUS vegan ceviche using one of my favourite ingredients, hearts of palm!
Watch the video to see everything I ate on that day and scroll down to see the recipes for the homemade salsa and the vegan hearts of palm ceviche!
Fresh Homemade Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped finely
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 of jalapeño, diced
- juice of 1/4 lime
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Chop tomatoes finely. To make your life easier, you can chop cilantro, red onion and jalapeno in a food processor together.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 3-4 days.
Vegan Ceviche (Hearts of Palm Ceviche) Recipe
- 1 can hearts of palm, sliced & chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- 1/3 jalapeno pepper, chopped finely
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients together and mix well.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips or however you want! Refrigerate in a tightly sealed container for up to 3-4 days.