This is my recipe for Vegan Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce! It requires minimal ingredients, easy to make and creamy – doesn’t it sound delicious?
The ingredients include butternut squash and roasted peppers which are actually quite popular in vegan pasta dishes, mainly because they make a great creamy pasta base.
The great thing about this recipe is that we can simply roast most of the main ingredients together (butternut squash, peppers, onion, garlic), then add everything into a blender to create an easy and delicious vegan pasta sauce. This sauce can also double as a creamy soup by simply making it slightly more liquidy by adding in more non-dairy milk and/or vegetable broth.
Since Christmas is just around the corner, I decided why not throw butternut squash and red peppers into ONE delicious, creamy, and satisfying pasta dish!
This recipe is the second of my Christmas dinner series. The first recipe was a delicious easy vegan nut roast which works as a great substitute for any meat dish on your holiday table. To get my easy vegan nut roast recipe, check out this blog post here.
VEGAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA RECIPE
Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce (Vegan) Ingredients:
- Butternut Squash
- Olive Oil
- Bell Peppers
- Unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Nutritional Yeast
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
Vegan Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Lined Baking Sheet
- 1 butternut squash peeled & cubed
- 1 onion peeled & cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bell peppers cut in half and seeded
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Add butternut squash, onion and garlic cloves onto a lined baking sheet and pour olive oil. Mix around to coat.
- On the same baking sheet or another, add the bell peppers.
- Roast in the oven at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Once roasted, add all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Use this as a pasta sauce or add more non-dairy milk or some vegetable broth to make this into a delicious creamy soup.