Watch this video for delicious vegan air fryer recipes perfect for this time of year. Scroll down for the written recipes!
It’s now that time of year when everything seems to look orange… Not to be super cliche, but I decided to jump on the pumpkin bandwagon for these recipes. I feel that these are awesome for the holiday season and with American Thanksgiving coming up, it’s the perfect time to make these!
As you may know, I’m pretty obsessed with air fryers. I honestly believe they are the best appliance invention since the rice cooker…! I’m a big fan of food in general but I don’t like to deep fry. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever actually tried deep frying anything in my life. I’d be too afraid of burning myself and plus, I feel like deep fried foods can be just saved for when I eat out. If you haven’t heard already, deep fried foods aren’t really that good for you *ahem*. But of course, I love the taste, just like any other human on the planet.
Air fryers to the rescue! If you don’t know what an air fryer is, it’s pretty self explanatory. They allow you to “fry” your foods without actually frying them… if that makes sense. Basically they are like a high power, high speed oven that creates crispy food that give the illusion of deep frying, using using less oil, if any at all. How amazing is that?
In fact, I’m so obsessed with air fryers that we use them at our cafe to prep foods – yes, I have a vegan cafe, for those of you that didn’t know!
I’ve also created multiple recipe videos on my YouTube channel so I created a Vegan Air Fryer Recipes Playlist so if you’re hungry for more, don’t forget to check that out.
For this video and post, I partnered up with Magic Chef, to promote their beautiful new Air Fryer Oven. It’s literally like a mini oven. It’s super adorable and very easy to use. What’s awesome about it is that it comes with separating trays, so you can actually make different things on each level at the same time.
You can use the code “25CHEAPLAZY” for 25% off the Magic Chef Air Fryer Oven!
The code will expire in 90 days so make sure you take advantage of it! (Note: this is a sponsored post)
Now let’s get on with the air fryer recipes!
Tofu Katsu with Creamy Pumpkin Curry
Ingredients for Tofu Katsu (3-4 servings):
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Cut the block of tofu into large, flat, rectangles. You should be able to cut about 8 pieces – see the video to see what I mean.
- In a wide bowl, add in flour and water and mix everything well with a fork until you have a thin white paste.
- Stir in the onion powder, garlic powder and salt into the wet mixture.
- In a separate plate, add in the bread crumbs.
- Now take each piece of tofu and coat it with the wet mixture with one hand, then using the other hand, coat well with the bread crumbs.
- If you run out of any of the coating, you can always make more at the 1:2 flour to water ratio and just add in a tiny bit more of the seasonings.
- Once finished with all the tofu pieces, you can place it into the air fryer at 370 degrees F for 8 minutes. Flip over and air fry again for another 5 minutes.
- While the tofu cutlets are cooking, you can prepare the Creamy Pumpkin Curry.
Ingredients for Creamy Pumpkin Curry:
- 1 tsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or alternative
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oil in a large wok or pan on medium high heat.
- Add in garlic and sautee for about 1 minute and add in the pumpkin puree and coconut milk.
- Mix until well-combined and a creamy orange sauce is formed.
- Add in curry powder, onion powder, soy sauce and salt and mix everything well.
- The curry is now done! Serve with rice and the tofu katsu pieces on top. Enjoy with a side of Air Fried Green Beans (recipe below)!
Air-Fried Green Beans (side dish) Recipe
- 350g green beans
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon & herb seasoning (with salt) or other seasoning
- Wash green beans and cut up the ends.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add in olive oil and seasoning and toss well.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes or until desired consistency, turning once half-way through.
Vegan Air Fried Pumpkin Spice Donut Balls Recipe
Note: this is an alteration of an existing non-vegan recipe that I followed and changed a few ingredients to make it vegan. Check out the original source here.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1.5 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold vegan butter (I used Becel)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Desired amount of powdered sugar for the coating
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a whisk, mix well.
- Spoon in the cold vegan butter and using your hands, mix it into the dry ingredients until it becomes crumbly.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, add in non-dairy milk, pumpkin pie mix, apple sauce and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and slightly frothy.
- Make a hole in the centre of your dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix everything with a large spoon only until it’s combined (do not over-mix).
- Using your hands (it helps if you wet your hands with a little water), you can start rolling this dough into small balls, using about 2 tbsp of the dough for each ball. You can also use a small cookie scoop.
- Line the trays from the Magic Chef Air Fryer Oven with some parchment paper, and place the dough balls on them.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Once done, you can serve them as is or you can allow them to cool down then coat them with icing/powdered sugar. To help the powdered sugar stick, spray them with a small amount of vegetable spray first then toss them in desired amount of powered sugar.