This sweet tahini sauce recipe only takes 2 mins and uses 6 ingredients to make!
All you need to make this sauce is tahini, sweet maple syrup or agave, and a few simple ingredients to make it the perfect sauce or dressing!
Recipe for Sweet Tahini Sauce
The tahini sauce is sweet and savoury at the same time. Since tahini is a sesame paste that has a strong savoury flavour, it can sometimes taste bitter if eaten alone. However, when mixed with a sweetener like maple syrup or agave with a little lemon, the bitterness completely goes away and you are just left with a perfect combination of savoury and sweet tahini sauce.
This is my go-to tahini dressing that I put on… everything!
Related Recipe: Everyday Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Maple syrup or agave nectar
- Soy sauce or alternative
- Lemon juice or Apple cider vinega
- Garlic powder
- Nutritional yeast
To make the recipe gluten-free, simply use gluten-free soy sauce.
To make the recipe soy-free, simply use a soy-free alternative.
Instead of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, you can substitute for another acidic alternative: lime juice or white or red wine vinegar could work well with this as well.
How To Make Tahini Sauce (Vegan)
Start by adding all the ingredients (not water) to a small bowl and mix well until smooth.
Next, mix in 1 tbsp of water at a time until you reach your desired thickness and consistency.
Add extra sweeter if you want your sweet tahini sauce sweeter.
Store in a tightly sealed container or jar in the fridge for up to 4 weeks (or longer).
Sweet Tahini Sauce
- Whisk or Spoon
- Measuring Spoons
- Jar or container for storage
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce or soy/gluten-free alternative
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup or agave nectar (add more if you want sweeter)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp Water
- Add all ingredients, except water, in a small bowl and mix well until smooth.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of water at a time until you reach your desired thickness and consistency.
- Store in a tightly sealed container or jar in the fridge for up to 4 weeks (or longer).
NEED MORE VEGAN RECIPE INSPO? CHECK THESE OUT: