WATCH VIDEO ABOVE to see how we made this curry
When my friend Daniel and I lived together in London for a brief 6 months, I remember him always making a yummy and sweet lentil curry! I always teased him cause he made it so often and now I call this “Daniel’s Famous Curry”. As much as I teased and made fun of him for making it all the time, I still always stole a plate (or maybe more lol). So when I went to visit London and I was staying at Daniel’s, I wanted him to make it for me so we can eat it together on camera (see post). I thought it would also be a good idea to film how he makes it so you guys can make it too.
(The downside of curry is that it’s not very pretty)
There isn’t really a “recipe” because Daniel doesn’t measure the spices out or anything – just all eye balling and tasting as you go. This is really my favourite way of cooking because measuring things just takes too long! Most of the time, I just throw things into a pan/pot and adjust as I go.
That being said, here are some of the ingredients used:
- Onion, diced
- Garlic, minced
- Chopped vegetables of choice (we used broccoli & mushrooms but feel free to use any vegetables you think would work great. Sweet potato is great in this!)
- Spices (add as much or little as you want – feel free to play around with the spices):
- crushed chillies
- chilli powder
- Red Split Lentils (we used approximately 1.5 cups)
- Water (1.5-2 cups water or more depending on how you want the consistency)
- 1 can of coconut milk (we used light but you can use regular)
- 1 can of pineapple slices (chopped into small pieces) with the juice
- Salt & pepper to taste