Click the video above to cook with me! Scroll down for the written recipe.
I had this dish for the first time when I was living in Italy. Fun fact – I studied abroad for a semester in Milan, Italy when I was in University. I was there for about six months and that was my very first time in Europe! My very first time in Europe was when I stepped foot in Milan to live there for six months… Let’s just say I’m an adventurous type!
When I first had this dish, I thought it was crazy how simplistic it was, yet it was so tasty.
This classic Italian pasta dish Aglio e Olio (garlic & oil) is incredibly easy to make and requires minimal ingredients. With just garlic and olive oil, you’ll have a pasta that tastes amazing in just 15 minutes!
Not only that, we are adding another lazy twist to it and making this a ONE PAN recipe – so you only have to wash one pan afterwards.
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced into thin pieces
- Large pinch of salt
- 1 serving of uncooked spaghetti (85g)
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp water
- Small pinch of crushed red peppers (optional)
- more salt to taste if needed
- In a wide non-stick pan, heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat.
- Saute the garlic for a couple minutes, making sure to not let it burn. Add a pinch of salt.
- Place the uncooked spaghetti into the pan with 1 cup of water. On high heat, let it come to a boil. Once boiling, turn down the heat slightly to a medium or medium low.
- After 8-9 minutes, the pasta should be cooked and most of the water gone. Give it a taste to see if it’s finished cooking.
- Turn off the heat and stir in one more tablespoon of olive oil and more salt if needed.
- Add the crushed peppers if you want to add a little spice.