Easy Vegan Air Fryer Recipes (Watch Video Above to get a discount on an air fryer!) // scroll down for the written recipes
I’ve always loved corn dogs. There’s something about them that always got me coming back to them. EVEN AS A VEGAN! If I have the option to buy a vegan corn dog at any given moment in my life, you better bet that I will be getting it.
Although I love the taste of corn dogs, I would be very hesitant to ever make one. There’s something about deep frying that scares me. I don’t have a problem with having deep fried food once in a while, but I almost NEVER deep fry anything myself. Actually, I don’t think I ever have deep fried anything myself!!! EVER!
So of course, I thought that excluded corn dogs from the list of foods that I could make myself. Until I go the idea to make it in an AIR FRYER.
I SEARCHED AND SEARCHED FOR A VEGAN NO-OIL (or low oil) AIR-FRIED CORN DOG RECIPE AND I COULD NOT FIND ONE. I couldn’t even find a proper non-vegan recipe.
I thought to myself – there MUST be a way to do this. So I just formulated a recipe out of the few that I saw and set out on a quest to create a NO-OIL vegan corn dog.
And let me just say… I think I succeeded!
Not only does it taste like a corn dog, it’s SO MUCH HEALTHIER than an actual corn dog. Plus you don’t have to deal with the mess of deep frying and eating up all of that oil. You can do this so easily in your home – all you need are a few ingredients and an air fryer.
Watch the video above to get a discount on an awesome air fryer!
If you guys haven’t used an air fryer before, you might be missing out on so many things. The fact that I could make vegan corn dogs – which only took about 12 minutes to cook in the air fryer – without any oil is SO AMAZING! I never thought I would be able to do this so I put corn dogs on the “fatty foods that I’ll only eat when I’m out and can somehow find one” list. Now I can make them in the comfort of my own home!!!
But wait… there’s more!
Of course, I couldn’t do just ONE air fryer recipe for you guys, I did another one.
I actually discovered this recipe a couple of weeks ago when I decided to make a simple pasta sauce out of roasted peppers. I’ve loved roasted peppers for a long time and if you’ve never tried roasting your peppers, I recommend trying it! The only problem is that when I roast peppers in the oven, it takes FOREVER. I’m talking properly roasting them will take like 45 minutes or more.
Because I knew that the air fryer is always faster than the oven, I decided to try roasting peppers in the air fryer, which worked beautifully…. Using those roasted peppers, I made a delicious pasta sauce. It’s ridiculously simple but super delicious.
Oil-Free Vegan Mini Corn Dogs
Ingredients (makes 8 mini corn dogs)
- Batter ingredients:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 4 veggie dogs (I used Yves brand)
- 8 wooden skewers (I used wooden chopsticks and coffee stir sticks)
- Prepare the batter by mixing the dry ingredients together. Then add in the wet ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Cut the veggie dogs in half and insert a skewer into each piece.
- On a plate, spread the bread crumbs out.
- Wet your hands with a little water (I recommend keeping a small bowl of water so you can wet your hand before you batter each veggie dog) and use your hands/fingers to cover the veggie dogs with the batter – watch video.
- Once the veggie dog is nicely coated with the batter, roll it through the bread crumbs to coat.
- Place the corn dogs inside the air fryer (I cooked 4 at a time) and air fry at 370 degrees F for 12 minutes – flipping them half way through.
- Serve immediately with some ketchup and mustard!
Roasted Pepper & Tomato Pasta Sauce Recipe
Ingredients (1-2 servings of pasta sauce):
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in half and seeded
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut in half and stems removed
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add pinches of basil, oregano and salt & pepper onto the inside of each tomato piece.
- Place bell pepper halves and tomato halves into the air fryer, inside facing up.
- Air fry at 320 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes (if you want faster results, increase the temperature and cook for less. Just check up on it once in a while).
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender after it is done, and blend until smooth.
- Use as pasta sauce!