Today’s newest recipes video features three NO-COOK vegan recipes that are refreshingly healthy and perfect for the summer! Head over to the video below and don’t forget to scroll down for the written recipes!
Is it just me or is summer flying by? It seems that summer just started and now we are already pretty much in August. Summer is definitely my absolute FAVOURITE season of the year. I think it’s because I live in Canada where we (technically) have four seasons but it can still get quite cold even in Spring or Autumn. But summer is absolutely gorgeous and glorious in Canada so I’m going to be sad when it ends. Until then, I’m going to be making the most out of it. Today I present to you…
No-Cook Vegan recipes! — can it BE any lazier than this?
Because summertime usually means a hot day, you’ll want to be eating food that is not only healthy but also refreshing. This means it’s the perfect season to load up on fresh fruits and vegetables not only because they’re good for you, but also to help keep your body hydrated.
Also, since it’s summer, you don’t want to be standing over a stove waiting for your food to finish cooking. Especially since we’ve been getting such crazy heat waves, even in Canada! Because of this, it’s the perfect opportunity for me to share these THREE yummy NO-COOK vegan recipes! Minimal effort, no cooking needed, and best of all, made up of fresh and healthy ingredients!
Can’t wait to try these Vegan No Cook Summer Recipes? Make sure to watch the video and simply scroll down if you want to know the recipes!
Couscous Salad with Vegan Feta
Ingredients (makes 3-4 servings):
- 1/2 cup dry couscous
- 1/2 cup of boiled water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley and/or cilantro, diced
- 1/4 cup vegan feta (I made the Edgy Veg Vegan Feta)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3-4 marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup olives
- Prepare couscous by adding it into a bowl and pouring the equal amount of boiled water. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes and it will be done!
- While the couscous “cooks”, start cutting up your vegetables, onion, cilantro, parsley, etc.
- Fluff up the cooked couscous with a fork and season with garlic powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, throw in the couscous, chopped veggies, and crumbled vegan feta cheese.
- Add in the red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt & pepper, if needed. Mix well.
- Feel free to add anything else into the mix. Enjoy!
Lentil & Walnut Tacos
Ingredients (makes around 6 tacos):
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup canned/cooked green or brown lentils
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2-4 tbsp salsa
- 6 small soft tortillas
- Chop walnuts into smaller pieces.
- Add walnuts, lentils, diced onions and taco seasoning into a bowl. Mix well.
For the assembly:
- Mash avocado onto soft taco followed by salt and a squeeze of lime juice (or you can make quac if you’d like – I’m too lazy!)
- Add in bell peppers, taco-walnut mix (or taco meat), and cilantro. Repeat for the remaining soft tacos.
- Top everything with salsa. Enjoy!
Crunchy Peanut Wrap
Ingredients (makes around 2 wraps):
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews or peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup cooked or canned chickpeas
- 1 cup coleslaw or kaleslaw mix
- 2 tortilla wraps
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp chunky or smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha (optional)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- In a medium-sized bowl, add in the sauce ingredients and mix.
- Add kaleslaw, chickpeas, cashews, and cilantro into the bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Add mixture onto a large tortilla wrap and roll it up.
- Toast in a pan and enjoy!