As some of you may know, I took on the Live Below the Line Challenge a couple of weeks ago, where I lived on £1 a day for five days – making a total of £5 for five days – on food and drinks.
To read my first and intro blog on this challenge, click here!
First two days were a bit tough to say the least, as I wasn’t used to cooking with such little seasoning! I also underestimated how much I actually eat so often, I was quite hungry throughout the day…
Watch my vlog on day 1 to see what I ate and my thoughts:
On day two, I ended up spending almost all the money that I had left over.. to see what I bought and what I ate on day 2, watch the video below:
The receipt for what I bought on day 2 –
Some quick facts about world hunger, malnutrition and poverty:
- 795 million people (or one in nine people in the world) do not have enough to eat
- 98% of the world’s undernourished people live in developing countries
- Nearly half of all deaths in children under five are attributable to under-nutrition
- About 896 million people in developing countries live on $1.90 a day or less
- 22,000 children die EACH DAY due to conditions of poverty
From The Hunger Project – http://www.thp.org/knowledge-center/know-your-world-facts-about-hunger-poverty/
The Life You Can Save (List of effective hunger and nutrition charities) –http://www.thelifeyoucansave.org/Causes/Hunger-and-Nutrition
The Hunger Project – http://www.thp.org/
Action Against Hunger – https://www.actionagainsthunger.org.uk/