This Korean soft tofu recipe is so simple to make it takes about 2 to 5 mins using 7 ingredients with no cooking required!
You can eat this Korean soft tofu recipe cold or room temperature and with some rice. This dish is what Koreans would call a “rice thief”. A dish that is delicious and addictive and goes so well with rice that you end up eating so much rice with it, hence the name “rice thief”.
Recipe for Korean Soft Tofu
I’ve been making Korean seasoned soft tofu every since I could remember It’s the perfect side dish that can also be stored in the fridge to enjoy later.
I definitely have a “soft” spot for soft tofu or silken tofu. You get such a different experience and can enjoy so many different recipes that are perfect for that soft, silky, and custardy texture. If you’ve never tried soft tofu, I definitely think you are missing out.
This Korean soft tofu recipe is nut-free, dairy-free, vegan, and can be made gluten-free using tamari instead of soy sauce.
Ingredients for Korean Seasoned Soft Tofu
- Soft tofu or silken tofu
- Soy sauce or tamari (for gluten-free)
- Sesame oil
- Maple syrup
- Gochugaru (Korean chili powder/flakes)
- Green onion
- Sesame seeds
How To Make Korean Soft Tofu
Start by mixing together soy sauce/tamari, sesame oil, maple syrup, gochugaru, and chopped green onion in a small bowl.
Next, open up the package of silken/soft tofu and cut it into bite-sized pieces or cubes. Put the silken tofu on a plate and pour the sauce on top. Top with the rest of the green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy with some rice!
Korean Soft Tofu
- 1 Small bowl
- 1 package Soft tofu or silken tofu
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce or tamari (for gluten-free option)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp gochugaru Korean chili powder/flakes
- 2 green onion stalks, washed
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup, gochugaru and half the green onions.
- Open up the package of silken tofu and cut into bite-sized pieces or cubes.
- Put the silken tofu on a plate and pour the sauce on top.
- Top with the rest of the green onions and sesame seeds.
- Enjoy with rice!
NEED MORE VEGAN RECIPE INSPO? CHECK THESE OUT: