Easy Vegan Meal Prep and KITCHEN RAID!
This meal prep was super great for me because I actually didn’t go out and spend any extra money! I decided to do a meal prep using solely the products I already had in my kitchen.
I’m moving this month so I really didn’t want to clutter my kitchen with even more food than I already had. Since my job involves making lots of food, I had accumulated quite a number of products in my pantry, fridge and freezer.
For breakfast, I made some overnight oats but with some pumpkin pie mix, because I had some left that I needed to use up! I also used coconut milk instead of any other non-dairy milk because… you guessed it! I needed to use it up.
Pumpkin Overnight Oats Recipe (Vegan / Gluten-free if you use gluten-free oats)
Ingredients (per serving):
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp pumpkin pie mix
- Splash of water (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a glass jar and mix well.
- Cover with lid and leave in the fridge overnight – consume within 2-3 days (you can warm it up the next day or eat it cold).
For lunch, I made a random rice noodles stir fry with bulgogi (Korean BBQ) sauce and some frozen store-bought dumplings and frozen vegetables and corn. I realized I had SO many rice noodles in my pantry so I just had to use some up. And as always, I had a ton of frozen vegetables in my freezer. I threw everything into a frying pan and it turned out great!
For dinner, I decided to make my old favourite thing to make – CHILI! Chili is soooo simple and easy – it’s ridiculous. I literally used to make it all the time when I lived in London and worked in an office. I love it because you could customize it however way you want to, it’s super healthy and packed full of protein AND you could make a giant batch at once which will last you a long time. Oh, and it freezes well and actually tastes better the day after you make it!
I don’t really have a recipe for the chili because… I never follow a recipe for it really. I’m sure I’ve shown you guys how I make chili about a million times on my channel – but you can watch the video to see what I do!
Essentially, I use a few key ingredients:
- Chopped onions & garlic
- Lots of beans (any kind of beans – this time I used black and black eyed beans)
- Usually some red split lentils (this helps thicken up the chili and soak up the liquid)
- 1-2 large cans of chopped tomatoes (or any kind of tomato base)
- Vegetables of choice – I used zucchini, spinach and frozen corn this time, but I also like to use broccoli if I have it.
- Spices: chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, etc.
Don’t forget to watch the video to see how I made everything! Happy meal prepping 🙂