Lentils are an excellent source of plant-based protein and they are also incredibly versatile. You can flavour them in so many ways and this time, I wanted to make teriyaki flavoured lentils that I could enjoy with rice.
I made this for dinner and featured this recipe on my recent “What I ate in a Day” video – watch video below for recipe & scroll down for the written recipe!
I came up with this super simple recipe that was not only full of flavour but also incredibly easy to make. This goes so well with rice and even though it doesn’t look amazing, it tasted so great.
How do you enjoy your lentils?
Garlic Teriyaki Lentils
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1 tsp oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup red split lentils
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp teriyaki coconut aminos or teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan or wok on medium-high heat, then add in minced garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil on high heat and once it comes to a boil, turn the heat down to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes until lentils are fully cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve hot with rice!