Watch video above to see how I made these ridiculously easy recipes! Scroll down for the written recipes.
Here’s the thing – I don’t really believe that there is such a thing as a BAD COOK. In the end, it’s all about following recipes if you are someone that is a “bad cook”. If the recipe is simple and easy enough to follow, then it really should be fool proof! Am I wrong?
I personally don’t even see myself as a good cook, even though I have a YouTube channel dedicated to cooking and recipes… My whole brand is that I make simple recipes that anyone (including myself) can make without being a master chef. See – I just make easy-to-make dishes that don’t require much skill!
These recipes are EXACTLY that. Honestly, with a few little tricks, you could make anyone believe that you are a really good cook… even though you’re making the most simple dishes! These are both super delicious and easy to make, guys…. just give them a go!
Easy Udon Noodle Stir Fry (Vegan) Recipe
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1/4 block smoked tofu or vegan hot dogs or whatever vegan protein of choice
- 1/4 onion
- 1 stalk green onion (optional)
- 1 cup frozen stir fry veggie mix
- Other vegetables if desired
- 1 serving pre-cooked udon noodles
- Sauce ingredients:
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce (depending on how salty you want and/or how much veggie you add)
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced OR 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tbsp sake (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Optional toppings: toasted sesame seeds, Sriracha (spicy) sauce
- Meanwhile, chop the onions, smoked tofu, green onion and other desired fresh vegetables (I prefer into long, thin pieces). Mince garlic if using a garlic clove instead of powder.
- In a frying pan or wok, heat a little oil on medium-high heat, then add in chopped onion for a minute or two until slightly softened.
- Add smoked tofu and other veggies (including frozen veggies if you are using them) and sautee for a few minutes until veggies are mostly cooked.
- Add in udon noodles with a splash of water to help separate.
- Add in sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Stir fry for a couple of minutes (adding a little water if it gets dry/sticky) until udon is finished.
- Add in sesame oil and mix well. Top with toasted sesame seeds and/or spicy sauce, if desired. Plate and serve immediately!
Red Lentils in Tomato (Vegan) Recipe
Ingredients (around 2 servings):
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red split lentils, dry
- 1 cup diced canned tomatoes or freshly diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp basil
- Splash of sake or white wine (optional)
- In a non-stick wok or frying pan, heat a little oil (or use water if you prefer to be oil-free) on medium-high heat and cook onions for a couple of minutes until slightly softened.
- Add in rest of ingredients, mix well and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Once it comes to a boil, turn the heat down low, cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until lentils have completely cooked (check on it once in a while to stir everything and make sure it’s not sticking).
- Serve with rice or pasta!