Don’t you just want to bring a delicious vegan macaroni salad to your next summer BBQ, picnic or potluck? It’s really the perfect dish!!! Check out the video below to get the recipe and don’t forget to scroll down for the ingredients!
Today’s recipe video features a vegan Macaroni Salad! It’s super easy, delicious, and perfect to share with friends or family especially now that it’s summertime (at least in the Northern Hemisphere!). Traditionally, macaroni salad recipes use mayonnaise (which contain eggs) for the dressing. Of course, we’re going to be making the veganized version – it’s super easy, all you have to do is swap the mayo for vegan mayo (if you don’t have store-bought vegan mayo where you live, my first vegan recipes eBook has a mayo recipe!)! I promise you that this is so good, even my non-vegan friends loved it!
Here’s the recipe!
Easy Vegan Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 2 servings macaroni or other pasta of your choice
- 1 medium carrot
- 1-2 stalks celery (optional)
- 2 stalks green onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (optional or use something else you have)
- 1 cup green peas (I used frozen)
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 3 tbsp sweet green relish
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tbsp ketchup (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Boil water and cook pasta according to packaging instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, start chopping the carrots (Julienne style — watch the video if you’re not familiar with this chopping technique. If you’re lazy, throw them in a food processor!), green onions, celery (if you’re using some), and cherry tomatoes.
- In the same pot where the pasta is cooking, throw in some green peas (if you are using frozen) about 2 minutes before the pasta is finished.
- Once cooked, drain pasta and rinse under cold water. Move into a large mixing bowl, add in the chopped vegetables, and mix well.
- For a simple dressing, add in some vegan mayo, sweet relish, Dijon mustard, ketchup (totally optional but recommended since it adds more depth to the flavour) and garlic powder (optional, as well). Mix well.
- Top with black pepper (and salt, if needed).