It’s now that time of year when we start craving something comforting, warm, filling and satisfying… comfort food time!
Comfort food can take the form of so many different dishes, and I’m sure depending on your own personal preference, your version or idea of comfort food is different. But I think we can all agree that something like a nice and hot lasagna would be a definition of comfort food.
But what’s even more comforting than lasagna?
Yes, this is my new current obsession (I have a lot of obsessions). I made a 4 ingredient version of this in a previous post but this one is just slightly more advanced.
This is a MUCH easier way of making a lasagna (doesn’t taste exactly like it, but I can imagine if you added some tofu ricotta, it would taste similar to a regular lasagna!
It’s a ONE POT recipe, it’s SUPER simple and easy. PERFECT for a cozy night in.
Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe (One Pot Vegan Recipe)
Ingredients (around 2 servings):
- dash of vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup collard greens or other vegetables of choice, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red split lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup tomato/pasta sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3-5 lasagna noodles
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 handful spinach (optional)
- chopped basil (optional)
- homemade vegan cashew parmesan (optional)
- Chop all your veggies. In a large wok/pot, heat up some oil and start cooking your onions and mushrooms. Add the minced garlic.
- Once the mushrooms start to sweat and the onions soften, add in the collard greens and stir.
- Add the lentils, water and tomato sauce. Add some Italian seasoning for extra flavour (if you’re using pasta sauce, this may not be necessary). Mix well.
- Bring the soup to a boil and break apart some pieces of lasagna noodles and throw them in.
- Add nutritional yeast and let it simmer on low-heat (while covered) for about 15-20 minutes or until lentils and lasagna noodles have cooked.
- Add in a handful of spinach and mix around until wilted. Serve in a bowl and garnish with vegan parmesan and chopped basil (optional).
I made this in my latest video where I show how to get cozy and lazy… Check out the video below to see the entire recipe!