Did you know you could make delicious patties from tofu? Check out the video below to see what else I ate on this day and don’t forget to scroll down for the written recipe!
Finally, some TOFU PATTIES! 😍 You guys know how much I love tofu — not only because it’s so rich in protein but also because it’s so versatile! There are so many ways to enjoy tofu – even though I’ve been eating tofu for as long as I can remember, I’m still finding new ways to cook it. Did you know you can even use tofu to make desserts? Yes, tofu is just amazing that way!
So these Easy Tofu Patties are basically crumbled up tofu (extra firm!) mixed with a few ingredients and seasonings. This is a great way to enjoy eating tofu and you can even batch make this and store it in the fridge to eat for later!
Serve it with rice, in a sandwich, or on its own — this is surely going to be another new addition to your vegan favourites!
Don’t forget to watch the video above to see the other two delicious meals I had for lunch and dinner! 😉
Want to try making these Easy Tofu Breakfast Patties? Simply scroll down for the written recipe!
EASY TOFU BREAKFAST PATTIES (RECIPE)
Ingredients (makes around 15-16 small patties):
- 300g extra firm tofu
- 6 tbsp flour (more or less depending on the type of flour)
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 tbsp scrambled tofu seasoning
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- Crumble up tofu with a fork or with your hands (whichever is easier). Set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and dice carrots as finely as you can (see video for visuals!).
- Add diced carrots into crumbled up tofu and add in scrambled tofu seasoning. Mix well.
- Add in apple sauce and mix this well. (This will act like a binder).
- Add in flour (I used white rice flour but feel free to use any flour you like!) a little at a time and mix until you reach desired consistency and you’re able to form small patties.
- Form little pattiesand add to a heated pan with oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Feel free to bake these or air fry if you don’t want to use oil.
- Serve with rice or in a sandwich. Highly recommended with ketchup! Enjoy!