In today’s video, I decided to make another lazy and delicious pasta recipe for you guys, along with another easy breaded tofu recipe for an optional protein! Head over to the thumbnail below for the video and don’t forget to scroll down for the written recipes.
While ‘Garlic Butter Pasta’ suspiciously doesn’t sound vegan, I promise you guys that it’s 100% VEGAN! I’m the Cheap Lazy Vegan after all (LOL!). Witty introductions aside, this day is yet another lazy one, and I decided to whip up another easy recipe that takes only minimal ingredients but is fully packed with yumminess~!
Say hello to the VEGAN Garlic Butter Pasta Recipe, guys! (It’s pretty similar to the One-Pan Aglio e Olio recipe I created before, only I did it slightly differently this time!). If you’re a lazy person in the kitchen, then this recipe is a definite must-try. I even made some Breaded Tofu to make sure I have an option for protein to have with this meal. The Breaded Tofu is a great recipe for many things as it is incredibly versatile. Feel free to add in another protein of your choice!
You can make this even LAZIER if you use my minced garlic hack from my Cooking Hacks for Lazy People video! This is a great hack for garlic lovers who always want minced garlic available to use without having to whip out the cutting board and get their fingers all garlicky every time. It’s a fantastic way of having garlic READY TO GO. Watch the hacks video to see more!
So, ready to whip up a lazy pasta meal? Make sure you watch the video above and refer to the recipe below for the ingredients!
Garlic Butter Pasta (VEGAN) Recipe
INGREDIENTS (1 serving):
- 1 serving pasta of choice
- 3 tbsp vegan butter (I use Becel) or olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green peas (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic salt (or use some garlic powder & salt)
- Pepper to taste (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Add vegan butter and minced garlic onto a pan on medium heat (make sure the garlic doesn’t burn!)
- Add in the cooked pasta and toss it well until all noodles are coated with butter.
- Throw in your green peas (optional). Add more vegan butter and a splash of water before mixing.
- Add in the garlic salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Transfer onto a plate. Enjoy!
Easy Breaded Tofu Recipe
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup flour & 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic salt (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder & 1/2 tsp salt)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- around 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Slice tofu blocks into eight pieces.
- In a small mixing bowl, add flour and water and mix well until it’s clump-free.
- Add in garlic salt and black pepper to the mixture and mix until well-combined (feel free to add more spices that you like for additional flavour!).
- Place some breadcrumbs on a plate (preferably a flat one).
- Dip a tofu piece into the batter, and then onto the plate with the breadcrumbs. Make sure the tofu is well-coated. Set aside.
- Repeat step 5 until all tofu pieces have been coated.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan and cook the tofu pieces for 3-5 minutes on each side until they are nice and golden. Feel free to use an air fryer to cook these if you have one. Let it cool.
- Cut up the tofu pieces into strips (see video) and top it on the vegan garlic butter pasta. Or enjoy with any other meal! I like to toss it with Frank’s Hot Sauce and add it into a wrap for a buffalo style wrap – so good…