Watch the video above to get the recipes and see below for the written ingredients/recipes!
For this video/post, I partnered up with Thrive Market to bring you three easy vegan recipes and dinner ideas. I mean, I would eat any of these for breakfast or lunch (let’s be real), but I think they would make some great dinners. They are all relatively quick and easy to make, but also flavourful and delicious.
Many ingredients I’m using are from Thrive Market – if you guys don’t know, Thrive Market is an online wholesale retailer that specializes in organic and natural food items. The video was sponsored by Thrive Market and many products I’m using have been sent to me by the company.
Click here to get an exclusive offer of 25% off your first order AND a free 1 month trial with Thrive Market!
As usual, I would encourage you to make these your own and do whatever you want with these recipes. These are simply some ideas I was experimenting with and you can feel free to tweak them to your liking. Take them as food inspiration, if you will… lazy food inspiration.
Spicy Korean Ramen Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 serving of vegan ramen noodles (noodles only)
- 1 tbsp gochujang (Korean red chili pepper paste)
- 1/2 tbsp gochugaru (Korean red chili pepper flakes)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp oil
- 1-2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cooked/canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Handful of spinach or other greens (optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds and/or chopped green onions (garnish)
- Cook ramen noodles according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, add sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Heat oil on a pan on medium-high heat and add onions and garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the ramen noodles, chickpeas and sauce and stir everything together.
- Add spinach and/or other greens and mix well.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and/or chopped green onions and serve hot!
Sweet Potato & Chickpea Patties Recipe
- 1-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup canned or cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Heat a little oil on non-stick pan on medium-high heat and add onions and garlic. Cook until onions have softened and garlic has slightly browned.
- Mash chickpeas using a fork or a food processor.
- Add in garlic/onion mixture, sweet potato puree, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and flour. Mix everything well together.
- Form mixture into patties and cook with a little oil on medium-high heat on a non-stick pan. Cook on each side for a few minutes until nicely browned.
- Serve with rice or eat them in a wrap/burger… or whatever way you wish! I enjoyed mine with some sweet chili sauce.
Sweet Potato & Chickpea Sushi Recipe
Ingredients (one roll…ish):
- 1 nori sheet
- 1 cup of cooked sushi rice (usually this amount makes 1 roll)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- pinch of sugar
- 1/2 cup cooked/canned chickpeas
- 1/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- 1/5 avocado, cut into thin and long slices
- few pieces of baby spinach (optional)
- soy sauce or tamari to dip
- Mash chickpeas and add sweet potato puree, salt and smoked paprika. Mix well.
- In a mixing bowl, add cooked and cooked down sushi rice, rice vinegar and sugar. Mix well.
- Lay down a nori sheet, press down the sushi rice, leaving a gap uncovered on one side.
- Add in your ingredients including your sweet potato and chickpea mix, avocado and some spinach.
- Roll starting on the side with no gap and then closing the gap by slightly dampening the seaweed with a little water.
- Cut your sushi pieces with a slightly wet knife to make things easier.
- Serve with soy sauce or tamari… enjoy!!!