Today’s newest recipe features another viral Korean recipe that I enjoyed — Vegan Dumpling Fried Rice! Make sure to watch the video and don’t forget to get the written recipe down below~
Vegan Dumpling Fried Rice — YUM! This trendy recipe currently being shared around on the internet in Korea right now. I don’t even know if I can call it a recipe; it’s more like a meal hack. I wanted to try making a veganized version, which turned out to be really simple, easy, and would be a perfect addition to your lazy meal hacks collection!
For this recipe, I specifically used store-bought vegetable gyoza/dumplings that I got from the Korean supermarket (just check the ingredients to make sure they are vegan friendly), but you are free to use the veggie dumplings of your choice. I love keeping veggie dumplings in my freezer. That way, I won’t have to make them from scratch (cheap and lazy, remember? LOL).
So I’m going to leave with you this super simple recipe a.k.a. meal hack! Feel free to use it whenever you just want a quick meal and you don’t want to spend too much time cooking. If you have some day old rice available, this is literally a 5 minute recipe~!
Don’t forget to watch the video above if you want to just follow along, and simply scroll down to get the ingredients!
5-Minute Vegan Dumpling Fried Rice
- Around 1 tbsp oil
- 5-8 vegan friendly store-bought veggie dumplings (use as many as you’d like, depending on the size!)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1-2 red chilis, diced (optional)
- 1/4 block of medium-firm or firm tofu (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds for topping (optional)
- Heat up oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- Break up the dumplings into smaller pieces (I used kitchen scissors but you can use a knife or just break them up with your spatula after adding them to the pan).
- Saute garlic and red chilis in the oil for a minute.
- Crumble up tofu with your fingers and add into the pan.
- Add in half the amount of soy sauce and mix everything together.
- Add in the broken up veggie dumplings (or again, add them and break up with your spatula). Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the cooked rice, and the rest of the soy sauce, and mix well.
- Turn the heat off and add in the toasted sesame oil and mix again. Feel free to taste it and add more seasonings if you prefer.
- Plate and top with chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!