I’m still a vegan in semi-quarantine, but never coming up short of delicious, home-cooked vegan meals! Click on the thumbnail below for my latest “What I Ate in a Week” video and scroll down to see my Air Fried Crispy Soy Curls recipe!
It’s time for another What I Ate in a Week video, guys. When I was filming this video, I was still in quarantine-mode (we’re starting to lift a few restrictions now, but I’m still being careful!) but I didn’t let that stop me from whipping up delicious vegan recipes that I could share with you guys!
This video is mainly about giving you some rough ideas on what I eat in a week, featuring mostly home-cooked meals. Most of the recipes are healthy, some are not but all of this is completely realistic!
If you have been following me on YouTube for a while now, I’m sure some of the recipes you’ll see in my video will be familiar to you. Take for example this Creamy Mushroom & Tahini Pasta and the Chocolate Mug Brownie I made for my Tahini recipes video last month. I still recommend trying these out so if you do want to try them, simply head over to this blogpost for the ingredients.
In the video, you’ll also see that I made pasta which I topped with vegan parmesan cheese. I promise you that this greatly upgrades the taste of any vegan pasta dish, so I highly recommend making this at home if you can. You can check out this video to see how easy it is to make vegan parmesan.
Some of the dishes I also made include Creamy Green Curry Udon (recipe available in my Everyday Asian Recipes eBook), Tofu Scramble I used as filling for tacos (recipe in this video), and some brown rice that has these amazing tofu cakes my mom made (don’t ask me how she made it because I don’t know HAHA).
Lastly, for the star of the show: my Air Fried Crispy Soy Curls! As you can see, I got so obsessed with Soy Curls and decided to experiment with a recipe where I could air fry them. And yes, they turned out really nice and crispy! They go really amazingly with my Sweet & Sour Tofu Recipe from my Everyday Asian Recipes eBook – instead of using tofu, I used the crispy soy curls and OMG this was a major game changer!
But before I get to the recipe, I’d like to briefly share a great offer with you guys~
The Business Bundle
Just in case you haven’t heard of the Business Bundle yet, this is a curated collection of 75 (it was 72 at first and they added 3 more!) e-courses and programs (PLUS 3 bonus memberships) that’s perfect for people who want to…
- start or growing your own YouTube channel, Instagram, Pinterest, Tik Tok or any social media network;
- be an entrepreneur & start running your own business;
- enhance your existing business and build clientele;
- learn about all things money (managing personal finances, dealing with debt, and how to MAKE it!);
- turn your creativity into a successful career;
- start a podcast and learn how to monetize it;
- increase your social media following and engagement;
- learn personal development and become more confident!
There’s courses about topics such as the following:
- Making MONEY doing what you love
- Social Media Marketing
- Growing your influence
- Starting YouTube, Instagram, Podcast
- …AND MANY MORE!
All courses in the Bundle are valued at $18,500 in total, but for a limited time only, you can purchase it for a 99.45% discount. Until June 9th, 11:59 PM PST, you can purchase the Bundle for only $100! That’s 75 ecourses and programs (plus 3 bonus memberships) designed to help you succeed in life and in business being offered for less than a fraction of its actual price!
Interested? Simply head over this LINK to check out the Business Bundle 🙂
Now that we’ve gotten this out of the way, let’s get on to the Air Fried Crispy Soy Curls recipe!
Air Fried Crispy Soy Curls Recipe
- 4 cups Soy Curls, dry⠀
- 1 cup finely ground bread crumbs⠀
- 1/2 cup flour (I used bread flour)⠀
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast⠀
- 1 tsp each: garlic powder, pepper, salt
For the batter: ⠀
- 1/2 cup flour⠀
- 1 cup dairy-free milk (or water) ⠀
- Place soy curls in a large mixing bowl along with plenty of water to soak for at least 10 minutes. ⠀
- Mix together bread crumbs, flour, nutritional yeast and spices in a medium bowl.⠀
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and dairy free milk until smooth batter.⠀
- Take the rehydrated soy curls out, soak in the batter, shake off excess and place in bread crumb mixture to coat.⠀
- Once you’ve coated all soy curls, place in an air fryer for 12-15 minutes at 370°F until it’s nice and crispy.⠀
Serve with sauce of choice! Goes great with the Sweet & Sour Tofu Recipe (substitute for tofu) from my Everyday Asian Recipes eBook! ❤️⠀