This recipe was featured in my recent video “Ultra Lazy Vegan Recipes” – check it out below and scroll down for the written recipe!
If you’ve been following my recipes for a while, you might notice that I have a love for NOODLES and SPICE. It might be because of my Asian (more specifically, Korean) heritage.
One thing Korean people love are COLD noodles during the summer time. This might be something strange to some people but try to think of it as an Asian style pasta salad! At least that’s how I see it.
Don’t knock it til you try it.
Now normally I would stick to using cold soba (buckwheat) noodles for a recipe like this one but this time I thought I would use ramen noodles. I think either would go great with this.
With just a few ingredients, we can create an absolutely delicious and flavourful dish within MINUTES! It’s perfect for summer and it’s healthy too.
Try this at home and let me know what you think.
Cold Spicy Ramen Noodles Recipe (Vegan)
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1 serving of ramen noodles – I used Lotus Foods Rice Ramen
- 1/2 cup shelled frozen edamame beans
- 1 tbsp gochujang (Korean red chili pepper paste)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos or other equivalent
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cucumber
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Add 2 cups of water into a pot and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Add ramen noodles and edamame beans into the pot and allow the mixture to come to a boil again.
- When the noodles begin to unfold after about a minute, gently separate with a fork.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the noodles are cooked.
- While noodles are cooking, mix together gochujang, soy sauce and toasted sesame oil in a large serving bowl.
- Using a julienne peeler, peel cucumber into thin long pieces. If you don’t have a julienne peeler, use a knife to cut cucumber julienne style. Add cucumbers into the bowl.
- When noodles are cooked, strain everything in the pot and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Add into the bowl, add half the green onions and mix everything well.
- Top with the rest of the green onions and sesame seeds and serve cold.