In today’s What I Ate in a Day video, I made some Easy Chocolate Granola that you can enjoy in a variety of ways! Check out the video below to watch the whole video (and see what I ate that day) and scroll down for the granola recipe!
For today’s ‘what i ate in a day’ video, I shared some simple meals that don’t require too much effort, making these the perfect meals to make on an especially lazy day. The day started out with me feeling “blah” – don’t you feel like the days are starting to blend in together lately? This is how I’ve been feeling over the last few weeks, just counting the days until we can go back to normal again… But hey, at least I got the video out to you, right?
Even though I started out feeling a bit “blah”, I decided to try and have a good day – still being productive but taking things slow. I like to have these days once in a while so that I can relax a bit but still get things done. I usually call these my “Lazy Productive Days”! So in the video, you get to see a bit of a “day in the life” as I’m showing you what I do on these kinds of days.
I want to especially mention one special recipe in this video that I’m sure most of you will love — my Oil-Free Chocolate Granola! If you’re a breakfast cereal type of person, or you just love having granola bits and pieces in your vegan yogurt or smoothie bowl, I highly recommend trying this out! Plus, the recipe produces quite a lot so you can store some to eat for later. That way, you’ll always have some granola whenever the craving sets in (lazy people, rejoice!).
Ready to make some chocolate granola? Don’t forget to watch my video above (and see what I ate that day) and to simply scroll down to see the written recipe!
Oil-Free Chocolate Granola Recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups puffed wheat
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup goji berries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (more if you want it sweeter)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add oats, puffed wheat, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, cacao powder (or cocoa powder), and goji berries in a large mixing bowl. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce, vanilla extract, and maple syrup (add 1-2 more tbsp of maple syrup if you want it to be sweeter).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place the granola on a lined baking sheet and spread evenly. Place in the oven and bake for a total of 40 minutes. (Make sure to take it out halfway through to give it a little toss.)
- Once it’s done, let it cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Mix with vegan yogurt, oatmeal, plant-based milk or with whatever you like! Enjoy!