Today, I made these really easy Chickpea Burger Patties that you can use for burgers, sandwiches or maybe even bean balls~ Check out the video and don’t forget to check out the written recipe below!
Today, I shared how to make these really easy Chickpea Burger Patties that you can use for veggie burgers. You can also use this same batter for basically whatever you want — you can use them to make meatballs for spaghetti, or you can even use them as filling for your sandwiches. You can freeze them for later as well. Feel free to be creative!
These can also be made gluten-free – just with simple substitutions!
Ready to get straight to cooking these Chickpea Burger Patties? Don’t forget to watch the video above and scroll right down for the ingredients!
Chickpea Burger Patties
Ingredients (makes around 4 burger patties):
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted lightly on a pan
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 can chickpeas (540ml), drained & rinsed
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or alternative
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce (use a GF barbecue sauce if needed)
- 1 tbsp of oil to cook
- Toast pecans or walnuts in a large pan on medium-high heat for a few minutes. Set aside.
- Add oil onto the same pan and add onions. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add garlic and carrots and cook until carrots begin to soften. Add the mixture into the blender or food processor once done.
- Also add the nuts, chickpeas, thyme, smoked paprika, soy sauce, and barbecue sauce.
- Blend evenly until chickpeas are mostly mashed and mixture has come together (keep some chunks!).
- Form into burger patties and optionally, you can wrap them up individually and store them in the fridge to allow them to firm up for about an hour (or just to cook them up later).
- You can cook them right away by adding some oil onto a pan on medium-high heat and cooking the patties for around 3-4 minutes on each side or cooked until desired.