If you guys don’t know my opinion on dairy, it is simple. DAIRY IS SCARY. There are so many things that are wrong with dairy, I can’t even count. I definitely think it’s something we need to eliminate from our diets 100%.
But I’m not here to preach today (let’s save that for another blogpost – I’m actually planning on doing a blogpost/YouTube video on this topic!), I’m here to give you guys a delicious vegan alfredo recipe.
In fact, you could use this sauce to use for any sort of creamy and savoury sauce that you need in your life. I think the best way to eat this is with pasta, though.
The greatest thing about this vegan creamy sauce recipe is that it only uses FOUR INGREDIENTS. You really don’t need much more to make this taste so delicious and I love that it is healthy and so easy to make.
There is something so so satisfying about this dish and amazingly, it doesn’t make you feel lethargic or tired after devouring this. It’s creamy and comforting but I wouldn’t call this “heavy”.
Watch the video above to watch how I made it or see the written recipe below!
Creamy Vegan Alfredo Sauce Recipe (Gluten-Free Vegan Creamy Sauce)
Ingredients (3-4 servings):
- 1 cup cashews
- 1-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon Vegetable Base or 1 block vegetable stock cube
- 2-4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- First, we need to soften the cashews. You can do this by soaking them in water overnight OR boil them. To boil them, simply add some water and the cashews into a small pot, bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer for about 15-20 minutes until softened.
- Once cashews are done, drain them and add them into a blender along with all other ingredients.
- Blend on high for a minute or so until creamy consistency.
- If using as pasta sauce, add cooked pasta into a pan and add the sauce. Add splashes of water and mix well while bringing to a soft boil. Keep adding splashes of water until desired consistency.