Today’s recipe video features an easy and delicious Breakfast Noodle Bowl (because yes, you can have noodles for breakfast, guys!). Watch the video below and don’t forget to scroll down for the written recipe!
Introducing my Breakfast Noodle Bowl! As you’ve all heard, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, which is why I make it a point to make it as hearty AND healthy as possible. For that, I decided to have soba noodles (my FAVOURITE!) alongside some tofu scramble (see the recipe to my CLV Tofu Scramble Seasoning) and fused the two together to make one easy, quick, and delicious meal!
Without further ado, let’s get right to cooking!
Breakfast Noodle Bowl
- 1 serving soba noodles
- 100g medium firm tofu
- 1/2 tbsp vegan butter or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp scrambled tofu seasoning
- 1-2 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo (optional)
- 1 cup chopped kale (optional)
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Start boiling water in a pot. While waiting for the water to boil, you can start making your scrambled tofu.
- Melt some vegan butter in a pan (you can use vegetable oil if you don’t have vegan butter).
- Once the pan has heated up a bit, add in the tofu by crumbling with your hand. Allow it to cook until it’s golden on one side.
- Add in a little bit of vegan mayo for extra creaminess and flavour (totally optional, but recommended). Mix well.
- Add in the tofu scramble seasoning (recipe HERE) and mix until all the tofu pieces are well-coated. Set aside.
- Once your water starts boiling, add in the soba noodles and allow it to cook for 4-5 minutes (check the instructions on the packaging to see how long).
- When the soba noodles are around 2 minutes away from being done, add in the kale.
- Drain and rinse the noodles and kale under cold water (I like having my soba noodles cold).
- Transfer onto a bowl and add in the sauce ingredients. Mix well.
- Top with scrambled tofu and chopped green onions. Drizzle with vegan mayo before serving.