Watch my MUKBANG (eating show) video above! Scroll down for the delicious recipe.
When I first started looking into a vegan diet, I discovered that there was so much one could do with food! I never realized how much versatility I would see in a diet that most people think is so restrictive.
Becoming vegan allows us to practice creativity with food in ways that you may have never thought of before. For instance, this recipe I’m about to show you – who would’ve thought I could create such a delicious and amazingly creamy sauce with a VEGETABLE?!
Yes, that is right. The main ingredient in this delicious alfredo-style sauce is a vegetable (scroll down to see what it is!). This means this sauce is super healthy especially compared to the alternative of using a heavy cream to create a creamy sauce!
I topped this off with some pan fried king oyster mushrooms that were cut to look kind of like pieces of pan seared scallop. Do you see what I did there?
Now I know you are dying for the recipe so here you go…
Creamy Udon with Mushroom “Scallops” Recipe (Vegan)
Ingredients (2 servings):
- For the sauce:
- around 2 cups of cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp soy sauce or soy sauce alternative
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 1/4 onion, chopped into long & thin pieces
- 1/2 block smoked tofu, cut into long & thin pieces
- 2 servings pre-cooked udon noodles
- 1 king oyster mushroom, cut into around 1/2 inch slices
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Steam or boil the cauliflower for about 20 minutes or so until completely soft. Check that it is soft by poking it with a fork – it should go in very easily.
- While cauliflower is steaming, heat a small amount of oil on medium-high heat (use water if oil-free) and sautee the garlic until slightly browned.
- Add the cooked garlic into a high-speed blender along with all other sauce ingredients, as well as the cooked cauliflower when finished.
- Blend all sauce ingredients together until everything is very smooth and creamy. Taste the sauce and adjust the flavours if needed.
- On the same pan that you cooked garlic, add a little oil and add the king oyster mushroom pieces. Cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- Sautee the onion with a little bit of oil or water for a couple of minutes, then add the smoked tofu and cooked for another few minutes until slightly golden.
- Add in the pre-cooked udon noodles and a few splashes of water to mix everything around.
- Then add the sauce and mix well. Top with the mushroom scallops.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and serve!!!