In this newest recipes video, I am sharing 3 delicious AND oil-free vegan snacks that I bet you will surely love! I also talked about this amazing air-fryer that I’ve been using so don’t forget to check the video and the written recipes below!
Finally made some new air fryer recipes that’ll easily become anyone’s favourite health(ier) comfort food! 🥰 You guys know how much I love air fryers, and I have found them to be extremely useful for someone like me who tries to limit the use of oil when cooking! Not only does having an air fryer make it easy for me to go oil-free; it’s the most convenient kitchen appliance for me as you would not need to clean a pan and a stove and a pair of tongs separately after frying (good ol’ lazy me!)! 😂 PLUS you can double it as a mini oven, too!
Here’s one of the recipes I made in this video — the Vegan Cheese Corn Dogs! Who knew you could actually fry stuff in there without actually frying? (I’m talking about the traditional pan and oil frying, of course!) It might not look as juicy or as “browned” as when you cook it in oil, but the result is an unbelievably crispy and healthier meal!
The Air Fryer I Use
So I used an air fryer from Taotronics, which I love for the following reasons:
⭐It has 11 presets for popular foods — so all you have to do is follow the recipes and you won’t have to stress about finding the right settings!
⭐It has a 6-Quart container that feed up to 3-6 people! Family dinner coming up? No problem!
⭐Best of all, using this air fryer means you’ll get 85% LESS FAT compared to deep fryers — they even carry a SGS certification, which is the global benchmark for integrity and quality!
Interested in getting yourself this air fryer? Simply head over to this LINK and get the air fryer for only $94.99 when you use the code 14PRAF001 upon checkout. Consider this my belated Thanksgiving gift! 🥰
(Note: this post is kindly sponsored by Taotronics)
Okay, now that I’ve introduced to you the air fryer I use, let’s get on to the actual air frying, shall we? (Don’t forget to watch the video above and come back here for the list of ingredients!)
VEGAN AIR FRYER CHEESE CORN DOGS (OIL FREE)
Ingredients (around 8 mini cheese corn dogs):
- Batter ingredients:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 veggie dogs (I used Yves brand)
- 2 vegan cheese sticks (I used Daiya Mozza Sticks)
- 8 wooden sticks
- Sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Ketchup & mustard for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, add in flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add in the non-dairy milk and apple sauce. Mix well until well-combined. You will get a pretty thick batter.
- Prepare the hotdogs and vegan cheese (I used Daiya vegan mozzarella cheese sticks) by slicing into 1-inch slices.
- Skewer the hotdog and the mozzarella pieces with a stick.
- Start molding the batter onto the corn dogs (NOTE: Make sure to wet your hands with water slightly before molding to prevent the batter from sticking to your hands).
- Roll the corndog on a plate of breadcrumbs until evenly coated.
- Place corn dogs into the air fryer (make sure the corn dogs aren’t touching each other).
- Press the power on, and fry for 375 degrees F for 12 minutes total (flip the corn dogs halfway over so it’ll cook evenly).
- Sprinkle on some sugar on top of the corn dogs, if desired.
- Drizzle on some ketchup and mustard before serving!
VEGAN EGGY TOAST SANDWICH
Batter (for about 3-4 servings):
- 150g firm tofu
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp kala namak (black salt) or regular salt
- 2 pieces of bread
- add 3 slices of vegan ham or salami
- 2 slices of vegan cheese
- Slice up bread. Set aside.
- Make the coating by adding tofu, non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, turmeric, kala namak (optional), and dijon mustard. Blend until smooth.
- Pour liquid batter onto a plate and dip both sides of the bread pieces until evenly coated.
- Place bread into air fryer and fry for 320 degrees for 5 minutes and flip over then fry for another 3 minutes.
- Take out the bread and add sandwich fillings of choice (I used vegan ham and vegan cheese). Place it back to the air fryer and fry for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
OIL-FREE VEGGIE TEMPURA
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 1 sweet potato
- 1.5 cup bread crumbs (panko)
For the batter:
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup sparkling water (250 ml)
For the optional dipping sauce:
- 3/4 cup water + 3-4 kelp pieces
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Chop broccoli into bite-sized pieces and peel and chop sweet potatoes into thin slices.
- Add in flour, corn starch, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Feel free to add any other spices/seasonings of your choosing. Mix well.
- Add in sparkling water (don’t use flavoured!) and whisk until the batter is well-combined.
- Dip broccoli in batter and evenly coat with panko bread crumbs. Do the same for the sweet potatoes.
- Once everything is nicely battered and coated, add into air fryer (make sure the pieces aren’t touching each other) and fry at 380 degrees F for 10 minutes (flipping halfway through). Fry in batches if needed.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside to let it cool.
- Make the sauce by adding water and dried kelp to a sauce pan and letting it boil.
- Once you’ve made the broth, take out the kelp and mix in soy sauce, mirin, and sugar. Mix well.
- Serve tempura alongside the sauce or feel free to use whatever sauce of choice. Enjoy!