I challenged myself to actually make this in FIVE MINUTES! How do you think I did? Watch the video below to find out & scroll down for the recipe.
As you guys might know, I’ve been working on an Asian Vegan Recipes Ebook which will be coming out VERY soon. I am so excited to share tons of vegan Asian inspired or Asian fusion dishes with you guys that I’m bringing you a super quick and easy one today just for the hell of it!
Here’s a super quick 5 minute udon noodle recipe you can make with just a few ingredients. Depending on your spice tolerance, it may be a bit too spicy so adjust the level of gochujang (Korean red chili pepper paste) to your preference!
I actually did a little challenge to see if I can actually make this in FIVE MINUTES. I wanted to test myself and see what I could do. Watch the video above to see if I made the time. Whether or not you actually make this in five minutes, it will still be a super quick & easy recipe that is delicious.
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1/4 block extra firm tofu, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 serving of udon noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 of a small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped (optional garnish)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tbsp mirin (optional)
- Heat a non-stick pan on high heat.
- Cook udon noodles according to instructions.
- In the pan, add a small amount of oil and add the tofu pieces. Allow the tofu to cook on one side while you chop the vegetables or mix together the sauce.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Flip over the tofu and allow to cook on the other side.
- Once tofu is done cooking, remove from pan and add in the mushrooms and onions. Saute until mushrooms begin to brown and onions soften.
- When noodles are cooked, drain and add into the pan. Add the tofu back in along with the sauce and mix well.
- Turn heat off and stir in sesame oil.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.
- Enjoy hot! ❤️
If your interested in more Asian style vegan recipes. I will be releasing my 2nd edition ebook “Everyday Asian Vegan Recipes” next week. All pre-orders will receive 50%-off. Click the button below for more details.