Watch video above to see all the FOUR INGREDIENT VEGAN RECIPES… Scroll down to see the written recipes!
The last time I did one of these videos with FIVE ingredient recipes and I thought I’d kick it up a notch and do a video with simply FOUR ingredient recipes. This is to show you that veganism and cooking does not have to be complicated or difficult – you really can make some delicious meals with a very small list of ingredients.
These recipes are great for those of you that are busy and always on-the-go and also great for those days when you just don’t feel like going grocery shopping! Maybe you already have some of these ingredients in your kitchen!
So whether you are a busy and broke student with a small kitchen or an office worker that likes to spend more time in happy hour with some colleagues than spending your evenings grocery shopping and cooking, these recipe ideas will come in handy for you.
Breakfast: Four Ingredient Scrambled Tofu (Vegan Recipe)
- handful chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 block medium-firm tofu
- salt to taste
- Dice the mushrooms and bell peppers into small pieces and fry over medium heat in a non-stick pan with a bit of oil (optional) Sprinkle with salt. Cook until mushrooms are browned (I like to let the mushrooms sit for a bit to brown).
- Add the medium-firm tofu (crumble it with fingers) and mix with the vegetables. Let it sit for a couple minutes until the tofu browns then mix well with the vegetables.
- Add as much salsa as you want for flavour, add salt to taste, and you are ready to eat!
Lunch: Four Ingredient Tempeh Collard Green Wraps (Vegan Recipe)
- collard greens
- green bell pepper
- tempeh strips (I used a smokey maple flavoured kind)
- brown rice
(no measurements, just make as much as you wish)
- Trim the ends of the stems off the collard greens and cut the peppers into thin long strips.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan. Add the tempeh and bell peppers and fry over medium heat. Flip the tempeh once and remove once it is browned and done cooking. Bell peppers may take a bit more time so I like to add a bit of water to help soften them quicker. Once they are cooked, remove them from the pan.
- Bring a pot of water to a soft boil and blanch the collard green leaves by placing them in the hot water for 30 seconds each then quickly put them in ice cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Now it is time to assemble the wraps! Lay a single collard green leaf flat and spread some brown rice in the middle. Place a couple pieces of tempeh and some bell peppers horizontally and wrap the leaf up like a burrito.
- Cut in half and serve (dip in soy sauce or hot sauce if preferred).
Protein Snack Idea: Four Ingredient Vegan Smoothie
- 1 cup water (or non-dairy milk)
- half a banana
- 1 scoop of vegan protein (I use Lean Fit organic vanilla bean protein)
- few pieces of ice
- 1 shot of espresso (optional)
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until the consistency is smooth! Easy as that!
Dinner: Lasagna Soup (Vegan Recipe)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red split lentils (soaked in water for about 15 minutes will quicken the cooking process – optional)
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 3-4 lasagna noodles
- around 2 cups water
- dash of oil
- chopped fresh basil – optional
- Chop up the mushrooms and heat up a pot with some oil (use water to keep it oil free). Cook the mushrooms for a few minutes then add the lentils, water, and pasta sauce. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, break apart the lasagna noodles with your hands and add them into the mixture. Let it simmer for around 15-20 minutes and you are done! Add some salt to season and some chopped basil for some garnish if you want.